Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Navel Gazing

It is a common feature of most blogs that, ultimately, the blog's subject becomes the blog, not the putative subject of the blog.

I prefer that that not happen here. Recently commenters have expressed surprise that Glenn Geffner is not a fiercely annoying as I portray him here.

My answer is simple: your mileage may vary, and everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. I find the existence of Glenn Geffner on Red Sox radio broadcasts to be patently offensive and annoying. Last night's game in Cleveland provided a good example. He did a creditable job, if you measure him against Single-A broadcasters. As a Major League broadcaster, he falls short. Frankly, it matters not to me if anyone agrees with me. Get your own platform, or continue to comment here. I don't fiddle with the comments (except for the one where the gay minister in Montreal was looking for his old school mate. That seemed either phony or too weird). [edit] I gather that last comment empowered a few in-mom's-basement onanists to unload some comment spam. Sorry, you lose. Your IP adress: 68.9.102 has been logged.

So, there have been some interesting off-line communications with the undersigned, and I remain hopeful that a significant opinion piece by Somebody Who Matters concerning Geffner-O'Brien-Joe is in the works. We'll see.

In the meantime, last night was the 13th straight Geffner gak-fest, and O'Brien was on the West Coast chasing Barry Bonds.

lc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.