Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hearts Pouring Out

People are using the petition to remove Glenn Geffner to state their hearfelt views. It's rather touching.

"The throw to the plate is not nearly in time!" How many times have I heard Glenn say that this year? What exactly does "not nearly in time" mean? It is a double negative, which means the throw was in time. Every time he says it, (okay, I've only heard him say it twice) I have to pause and try to figure out if the guy is out or safe at home. I think that Glenn should not nearly be dismissed as a Red Sox annoucer."

My personal favorite follows:

Apart from all of the oft-cited--and completely valid--problems with Geffner's delivery and presentation, it should be pointed out that most people resent folks who get good jobs for which they are niether qualified nor for which they have paid their rightful dues. Geffner was simply installed in this job by Lucchino, and the results have been disasterous! Doesn't Geffner have the slightest bit of self-awareness to realize that this is simply not the job for him? Does he really believe that he is fit to be in the same booth (albeit seldom at the same time) as Dave O'Brien? Good God, Entercom, do the right thing and get rid of this guy as soon as possible!

This can't happen quick enough for me. I look forward to next year on the radio. This blunder was obvious from day one.

This can't happen quick enough for me. I look forward to next year on the radio. This blunder was obvious from day one.

Geffner sounds like a college radio broadcaster, how is he qualified to replace Trupiano

No comments: