Monday, September 15, 2008

Stretch


(long view of Paps fistpunching fat cop)

Went to Sarah Palin Park yesterday (you know, lipstick on a pig and all that)to see the game. Lestah vs. Halladay. One of the best games I've seen in a while. The Jayzez defense let old Doc down. We won't speak of Paps, who might want to get a little work in on the cuttah and slidah before Rosh Hoshanah if you know what I mean.

Anyway, its always a pleasure to be at SP Park on the last day of a homestand: the beer is that much staler and the italian suasages after the game are just a bit more desparate. Only at the park can you figure out Mike Timilin's role on the team: He leads them out to the BP in the first and leads them back after the game.

I think the fat guy may actually be dead. I was going to ask the guy sitting in his seats, who may actually be related to him, but thought that would be rude, especially since I would be announcing his demise on a widely read blog in the innertubes, namely this one.

Oh, and Nat, I heard the one about the Cap and Watney. Just a viscous rumor I sure. All in all, it was bittersweet, knowing that I won't be sitting in those seats again for another 7 months after countless snow days, Cassell moaning and a new GOP president (Please let me be wrong people). True, I trade 4 seats in the grandstands for 2 seats in the bleachers for the playoffs, so don't cry for me Mattapan, but still and all the regular season is what I live for.

No comments: