Turns out that Becky The Dunce, aka, Mrs. Sarah Heath Palin, didn't think that way:
Officials of the Alaskan Independence Party say that Palin was once so independent, she was once a member of their party, which, since the 1970s, has been pushing for a legal vote for Alaskans to decide whether or not residents of the 49th state can secede from the United States.
And while McCain's motto -- as seen in a new TV ad -- is "Country First," the AIP's motto is the exact opposite -- "Alaska First -- Alaska Always."
(From ABC News)
Here's the key details:
- In March, 2008, Sarah Palin recorded a video welcoming the convention of the secessionist Alaskan Independence Party (AIP), saying "we have a great promise to be a self-sufficient state, made up of the hardest working, most grateful Americans in our nation."
- In October, 2007, Dexter Clark, the AIP's vice chairman, was recorded on video saying that Palin had been a registered member of the AIP before switching to the GOP to be viable.
- In the same video, Clark says "the Federal goverment is just plain a monster" and "we don't say we are Americans, we say we are Alaskans."
- Clark's comments were delivered at "The Second North American Secessionist Convention" in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- AIP's motto is "Alaska First. Alaska Always."
(Can you find the dead bear in this picture?)
(How about VP candidate on the way out?)