Thursday, August 20, 2009

Bits and Pieces

First a followup to yesterday's post about Dave O'Brien being MIA during the 9th inning of Tuesday's game.

Apparently, that's just the deal. Here's what a commenter posted yesterday:

At the Sunday day game in Texas, I had a great and shady view of both the field and the press boxes. I observed Joe and Dave with their window open calling the game, which I thought seemed ridiculous considering the boxes are air conditioned and the outside was 100 or more, but I digress. I noticed that Dave did a disappearing act for both the bottom of the 8th and the top of the ninth and I concluded that he must have left the game from illness, exhaustion, heat stroke, etc. But no, he popped back in for the last batter and to give the grim game wrap up.


For what it's worth John ConnecticutSchoolOfBroadcasting Rish was there in full force of the 9th inning of last night's game.

Second, and most importantly, Jerry Remy will return to the NESN booth for the weekend series with the MFY.

[update]

I'd like to thank somebody from the travel contingent in Toronto for checking out the blog this morning, as well as somebody from the Toronto Airport. [Rish is that you?]

No comments: