Monday, January 31, 2011

Untold Riches, Bitches

In Red SSox news, shitty seats were being sold over the internets all weekend. I receive incessant updates from Luscious relating to good seats still being available for selected Red SSox games. having been cut off from my season tickets by a terrorist last season, I am on my own to get tickets. It worked out pretty well the one time I went last year, as faithful readers of my comments will recall that Ms. lc and I bought facevalue tickets on SStubHub on day of game and ended up sitting within beer flinging distance of the 35 year old "bat boy" that the RSS have. With much time on my hands over the weekend for reasons too gruesome to recount, I took the bait to try to snap up some of the gold that Larry was purveying.

Waiting Room on the Internet? I laugh and guffaw at such things. Got right in. Now I'm giddy. I picked a Sunday game in July against the Orioles (the dictionary definition of "good seats still available", I'm thinking). Right about the time AGon will be hitting his 100th home run over the inviting Green Monstah, not to mention the likelihood that CC Deville and Jacoby Rugburn will both be closing in on 480 steals for the summah (all things are possible in late January).

Silly, stupid fuckedinthehead me.

What sweet seats was I offered ("best available" motherfuckers, I've got cash to burn)?

GS section 36. 4 or them. Wait, what's this little red dot next to the seats? Obstructed view, you say? 55 dollars a pop? Go shit in your hat, Larry.

Then, purely for entertainment purposes, I tried another game. Sweet Standing Room tickets for 20 dollars... about ten more than I use to pay for field boxes 30 years ago. Um, no thanks.

What a bunch of horseshit. Note that for both games, over 5000 tickets are already available on SStubHub, i.e. Larry''s pocketbook.


No comments: