Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Game Six

Ah, game 6... here's a history quiz for you, kids.
What player was announced on the NBC crawl in the 9th inning as the MVP of the 1986 World Series, just as "Schiraldi ran up an 0–2 count on Ray Knight, putting the Red Sox one strike away from winning the series"?
a. Marty Barrett
b. Bruce Hurst
c. Danny Heep
d. Dwight Evans
If you answered "B". Collect your prize.
Source: me. I friggin' witnessed it.
From Wikipedia" After recording two outs in the bottom of the 10th, a graphic appeared on the NBC telecast hailing Barrett as the Player of the Game, and Bruce Hurst had been named World Series MVP. A message even appeared briefly on the Shea Stadium scoreboard congratulating the Red Sox as world champions."
ps: I have never, ever, seen a replay of the 9th inning of that game. On the various retrospectives, I fast-forward. Once, I was walking through an airport as the clip was being played. I averted my eyes.
You're welcome.
TL:DR all chickens must be accounted for.
now, ❶
lc

No comments: