Thursday, October 31, 2013

Wow, Who Saw That Comin'?

Ce-LO Green inspired, I guess
Music-hundredtwentyeighthnote.png




They said we sucked last year and I guess that’s a fact,
but now it’s,
"NOT TRUE!"
Ooo,ooo,oooo

The Red Sox took the World Series in six brutal games
I'm like,
"SCREW YOU!
“And the Cardinals too."

I said,
"Lester’s a pitcher, Buch took the ball"
Ha, now ain't that some shit?
(Ain't that some shit?)
And although we questioned the team
And it seems like a dream
We say...
" PLAY TWO!"
Ooo,ooo,ooo

Yeah I'm sorry,
‘Bout the beer and chicken,
Questioned the bats, but the barrels came through.
Wainwright can deal it, but Papi’s got stones,
And the way we play your game ain't fair.
They get in the box
Rollup the big Sox
(Oh shit that one’s gone)
Well
(Relax, it’s just long gone)
Oooooooooh
I've got some news for you.
Mike Matheny, tell your little red team.

I see you trying to figure how to keep the Sox down
and I'm like,
" NOT NOW!"
(It’s our town)
I guess  the12 to 6 bender wasn't enough
I'm like,
"+@%2 YOU!
And your little dog too."

I said,
"Lackey’s a pitcher, Breslow is not"
Dubront, who saw that comin’?
(I mean, really?)
There's lots of joy in my chest
And I wish you the best
With a...
"LOVE YOU!"
(I can be a mensch too)

Now I know that
We gave up last year,
With Bobby Vee running the show.
Get the hell out,
Let the door hit you.
'Cause your sandwiches suck and you haven’t a clue.
Good old Larry
He fell in love with you
(Oh shit he's a problem)
Well
(Just telling the truth, son)
Oooooooooh
We got some news for you.
Ooh,
We’re over that. For now.

Don’t want the season to end, it was just that cool
and I'm like,
"DUCK BOATS!"
Ooo,ooo,oooo
I guess the guy Farrell babysat wasn't enough
I'm like,
"KO-JI!
And Dave Ross too."

I said,
"That guy with glasses, Beltran and Wacha"
John Jay and all their batters?
(It was our year. Simple as that)
Gomes, Naps, and Papi
My Little Pedroia
Here’s a...
"THANK YOU!"
Ooo,ooo,ooo

Now Mike Matheny, with your model good looks?
(So cute, so bad, so gone)
And Prince Fielder (I know it’s another series)
This is one for your dad.
(Your dad, your dad, your dad)
UH!
Baseball!
Uh!
Red Sox!
Uh!
HB!
Oh!
Soxaholix!.
Oh!
Red Sox!
.

{lots of ooohs}
Oooh!


and I'm like,
"WE WIN!"
Ooo,ooo,oooo



It’s been a long lonely winter in the AL East
I'm like,
"NOT YOU!
It’s the Red Sox Crew."
I said,
"I’m not bitter, I’m not a quitter"
Ha, they won the Series.
(Ain't that some shit?)

And although McCarver is gone
We won’t be sad for too long
Please take
"BUCK TOO!"
Ooo,ooo,ooo

[reprise]
Don’t want the season to end, it was just that cool
and I'm like,
"DUCK BOATS!"
Ooo,ooo,oooo
I guess the guy Farrell babysat wasn't enough
I'm like,
"KO-JI!
And Dave Ross too."


No comments: